Friday, December 10, 2004

Out standing issues on my current project

I am developing a .Net wrapper for Kodak's Digital Camera System SDKs. These are basically the DLLs for handling Kodak's Pro cameras, like the 14n.

The documentation is good, but in C++. So the stuff I want to do I need to convert to VB .Net, cause that's what I know. (Tho I'm getting a crash course in C++.)

Issue #1
(BIG ISSUE)
StackOverflowException
This occurs when the following code runs:
Private Sub btnTest1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnTest1.Click
Call FillCameras() <---
End Sub

Now, the first thing you'll say is, 'FillCameras is your problem. Something in there.' And you may be right, but the weird thing is, if I put a breakpoint at that line (with <---) and let the program/code run after it pauses, no problem. Once it runs once, I can remove the breakpoint and fire this button at will.

Issue #2
I get StackOverflowExceptions at other times. Is there a way to know why? The code seems to go fine. I go through a number of things, firing functions I've wrapped, and getting somewhat expected results. But when my function ends, I get the overflow. Is Garbage Collector trying to clean up and puking? How can I troubleshoot this? I don't get much debugging info in the way of code to read, it's something behind the scenes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is,* you can get it heredigital camera part