Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Quirks, games, and other stuff

Boy, quirky... I get an System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 'Syntax error converting the varchar value 'TC002' to a column of data type int.' But in Query analyzer, no problem. It ended up that the query was trying to cast a field for an addition operation instead of a concatenation operation, one of the problems of using '+' for concatenation. I just did a cast as a varchar(50) on the field, and all is well.

I haven't been playing with my Linux box lately, though I did get PHP 5 running on it. I will eventually move my home site (not my blog) to that system, but I am having routing issues, as I am currently to cheap/poor to validate buying a router. I am using this windows box and internet sharing to pass requests to the Linux box, but it hasn't been working.

The reason I haven't been playing much with Linux, other than guests, has been pulling out my playstation. I am borrowing Gran Turismo 2. I know, it's an older game, but never before was I into racing games. But this is not simply racing. You can buy and sell cars, and soup 'em up to race with. Mucho fun!

Other than that, not much is going on. My cropping project is a success. We continue to tweek for usability, but it's functional. Still haven't heard back from the folks who were going to quote us on writing that piece of software.

No comments: