Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Some updates and thoughts

So I updated some of my links over there to the right. I also had a thought.

A point I've understood for quite a while but others have had trouble grasping is if god is all knowing, can we really have free will?

Here's how I've come to understand it. I'm by no means a expert chess player, but I've played with some, and they've wiped the floor with me. Because a good chess player knows every move that CAN be played. He know's your not going to take your knight and just jump from A1 to G7. There are specific limitations in which you must work, and the better a chess player, the more he can see what you could do, and therefore play against that.

“Jehovah” is translated from the Hebrew Tetragrammaton, which means “He Causes to Become.” These four Hebrew letters are represented in many languages by the letters JHVH or YHWH.

That 'He Causes to Become' means he has a purpose, and that purpose can be accomplished because the almighty god can foresee every possible outcome of our actions.

So, we do have freedom of choice and free will. Whatever we CHOOSE to do is okay to god, he will not be held back. He will 'cause to become', causing his purpose to be fulfilled.

No comments: