Monday, November 14, 2005

Current activity

I'm working on the Image Connection. I'd say this is revision 4. We're trying to simplify the grouping of images for photographers. The way it works now, is JavaScript 'moves' the image from one side to the other, setting a hidden input value to true. When the .Net is called to save the changes, it looks for all the flags and adjusts accordingly.

Currently the save process, where the data is saved to the database is VERY slow. I'm trying to see why now.

My Linux box is down. I had all my data on my / and /boot drive. I only had one drive. This drive crashed while trying to upgrade my distro. This may be my fault, but I'm not sure. In any event, I have my Linux drive slaved on my wife's system and I'm using explore2fs on the windows drive (my wife's system is Windows 98) to read and extract the files I want to save from my Linux drive. I will then wipe it, and do a fresh install.

However, I have some extra drives lying around, a 20Gb and a 6Gb. I'm going to have the 6Gb be my /var drive, which hosts the web page, and my 20Gb be a file share for my network. This way if my boot drive gets junked up again, I only need wipe it and reinstall. I think it'll be a good exercise.

No comments: