Monday, June 28, 2004

Reflections on days gone by

Saturday I found myself watching cartoons, eating sugared cereal, and feeling quite nostalgic. I happened upon a cartoon that I used to watch with my cousins when I was growing up. I drifted back to the time when we would all be spending the summer at my grandparents house, swimming, playing, and watching cartoons. There's something about cartoons that is timeless. They may not be the most intelligent thing to watch, but you don't seem to care. I think that's what's so great about them.

I miss getting together with my family. A few of us have gotten married, one moved away, one is traveling the world, one is no longer with us. And there has been distance imposed in other ways as well. It's not so much the cartoons, but I miss the times when our values were the same and we lived each day toward the same goals. Perhaps we will again.

No comments: