Thursday, August 18, 2005

What a nice group of guys...

on Channel9. I posted this question and got a bunch of conversation on it. Not always do I get such a response, but this discussion helped me look at things with fresh eyes.

My problem was that the designer view I was using to look at a SQL command (which talks to a SQL stored procedure) was not showing me, in a way that I recognized, what it thought I wanted for values. (Take a look at the channel9 post for the boring details.)

So here's a point for new programmers. (That was my goal, wasn't it? Helping new guys?) The designer is great, it speeds up development time, but sometimes it's good to check what's going on under the hood. It gives you more power, knowing what you can and can't do, and sometimes the designer does what you don't want it to do.

No comments: