Friday, March 12, 2004

Cross platform/language programming at last?

My brother just sent me this link: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/03/11/mono.html

Mono is something I've heard about here and there. It's a project that hopes to put the .Net CLR on Linux, offering the possibility for .Net developers to develop for both MS and Linux users and thus opening up Linux to more people. (More apps means more users.) Until this article, I wasn't very clear on the different facets of this project.

Wow!!! It's what I would love to dream about. Taking what I've learned here in .Net to Linux and going back and forth. And MonoDevelop (an implementation of SharpDevelop which I will now have to research) looks sweet. Intellisense!!! That has been such a great tool for learning.

So, enjoy the article, I hope you like it.

No comments: