Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Now to anybody who is a major programmer this may not be a big deal, but it was somewhat exciting for me. I was published! The Feedback was published in the November 2003 issue of .NET Developer's Journal http://www.sys-con.com/dotnet/article.cfm?id=452

I've been published before, in a poetry compilation. But this is exciting because it seems that some thing I have said has been taken seriously by part of the programming industry. Very exciting.

Now, back to my project. I created a variation of the Stored Procedure from Monday's post for the administration portion of the website. I could have used that SP by adding in more code, but it was already getting bloated. I actually took out the if statement, since I will not be needing to select only from certain groups and added some fields I would need. I may post some of this on the dotNetJunkies site or at least a comment that points them back here if they would like more.

I am going to be looking at allowing the various photographers that use our site customization so that their customers who browse the site can see the photographers logo and color scheme instead of the default. If anybody reading this has an info, ideas, pointers, or articles about this let me know. I'm sure I could do something with XML and schemas but as of yet I have not learned enough to feel I could rapidly release a project using those technologies and I already have an idea of what I want to do, but let me know.

It's nice to have some validation once in a while.

No comments: