Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Much ado!!!

Ever get stranded in an unfamiliar location? We did!!!

Let's see, where to start.

2 weekends ago, December 9th and 10th, I spent working on my work system, trying to re-install Windows XP Pro. Why? I get weird STOP errors when I go through my registry and other things. I tried to do it without wiping my drive, but couldn't until I removed one of my 512Mb chips of RAM.

This past weekend, 16th and 17th, Steph and I drove to CT for my sister's graduation party. All went well (other than the fuse blowing at the hotel room) once we got there. We were going to head up Friday, but a surprise late bill canceled that. (Our water bill should come to us, not the landlord, then it won't surprise us!)

It was on the way home we had trouble. We were doing fine, crossed the PA border and took the first exit to grab a bite to eat. Got back on the highway, accelerating to cruising speed, and we hear a big BANG! I pull over thinking a tire blew or something... nope, all looks well. Clear some junked lumber that was on the side of the road so we wouldn't drive over it (what a good spot to pull over?!?!) and start accelerating again to continue on our way. We're moving... but the transmission isn't shifting!!!

Transmissions aren't cheap... and you can't drive on the highway for 2 hours in first gear... doesn't work very well. So I pull of at the next exit and pull into a gas station. 2 exits... that's all we've made it into PA. So, I start making phone calls.

To shorten this up, we got towed to a Hyundai dealer (cause we were in our Hyundai Santa Fe), then wait for my brother-in-law to come pick us up. Thank goodness for family. We finally get home at about 2:00 AM. I get to start the day again at 7:30 AM, making phone calls to get the car fixed, and the warranty people to cover it. Plus work! Life is fun.

So, work... DataMatch 5.0. New features galore. A new, stylish look. (Try stylish in a windows form.) But we're getting there. It should be nice.

BTW, Donations are always welcomed.

2 comments:

M Kenyon said...

Just testing commenting.

Jordan K said...

Hey sorry i missed your visit. Let me know next time your in town, K bye