Friday, August 24, 2007

Bluetooth Headsets, Music, and Technology

First of all, if I can't close a Word document, start a Remote Desktop connection, and bring up an IM window all while I have a Virtual PC running and Launchcast is starting the next song stream, then what good is this stinkin' laptop!!!

I've been listening to Launchcast lately. I held off because of fear of impacting the network here. But I came to two conclusions...

We have 100Mb network connections.
It doesn't really impact my experience.

So, I've also switched my music link to Launchcast instead of Last.FM. I just can't get away from the fact that LaunchCast is to me the best streaming music and rating system I have tried.

So, that covers Music and Technology, but Bluetooth?

I had a Jabra one-ear earpiece for my cell-phone. It worked pretty good for an inexpensive piece. I pretty much just left it in the car and used it there.

Then I started seeing these stereo Headphones/Headsets that worked with BlueTooth. I've hated being tethered to my laptop at work while listening to music, but these Stereo units were always $60 or better.

Then a couple of weeks ago I saw this: Kyocera Bluetooth Stereo Headset/Headphones

You can read my review... they work pretty good. A little tricky to figure out and get used to, but if you keep at it, they're not bad at all.

No comments: